Friday, July 19, 2013

#17 Paris

Start: LFOB, 0748; $9476.47 and 14gal

This is one of the biggies -- Paris! Today's flight plan goes no farther, except that I'm taking 3 JetStar passengers to Bretigny-sur-Orge, just south of Paris. But I'll be spending a lot of time circling and taking photos!

WOW! Put Paris right up there with London and St. Petersburg. Sixty-eight photos, and I'm marveling at the detail and the realism. I actually feel (somewhat) like I've really been to Paris (which, sadly, I haven't).

I wish I could share all the good photos with you. I wish I knew more about the landmarks I photographed, so I could tell you all about them. But, I think I'll just let them speak for themselves.

Basilique du Sacre Coeur de Montmartre (Basilica of the Sacred Heart)

Arc de Trimophe, and La Defense in the background

The requisite Eiffel tower shot

The Louvre (see the pyramid?)

The Pantheon

Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris
End: LFPY, 0837; $11404.27 and 10 gal

Total Distance Flown: 5,304 nautical miles (plus 6,333 miles to get to Europe, and 1,771 touring the UK)
Grand Total: 13,408 nautical miles so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment