Thursday, July 18, 2013

#16 Brussels

Start: EBAW, 0853; $8996.97 and 24gal

I'd like to take some time and explore Belgium. I'd especially like to wallow in a vat of Belgian chocolate! Alas, the virtual experience leaves something to be desired. So, instead I'm taking on 2 Government Charter passengers, and leaving Belgium for France. Before I do, I'll fly over Brussels.

On approach, Brussels looks similar to Rotterdam -- flat terrain, with a few tall buildings visible. But somehow it gives the strong impression of tall buildings set in the middle of farmland. Then, suddenly, there's this large model of a salt molecule! Turns out this is "Atomium", built for the 1958 World's Fair. I'm impressed that this is present in FSX, and glad that I was lucky enough to find it.
The Atomium
Nice church; rural city!

The Main Square is called both la Grand Place and de Grote Markt.
And finally, just because I finally got a good landing shot, here's a landing shot!
Gonna be a good landing!
End: LFOB, 1029; $9676.47 and 14gal

Total Distance Flown: 5,248 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment