Thursday, October 10, 2013

#74 Saitama, #75 Sapporo

Start: RJAA, 0922; $3822.26 and 54gal

Boy, Narita is one big airport -- it took me 15 minutes to taxi to the active runway!

It's also fairly overcast today, so I'm not sure just how wonderful my photos of Saitama will be. But, just when I need it, there's a break in the clouds....
The heavens opened up!

Beautiful downtown Saitama
 End: RJSA, 1253; $4137.26 and 32gal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've dropped off the 100kg of supplies I was carrying, and have now picked up 158kg of newspaper and mail. So, I'm off to Sapporo.

There's beautiful fall foliage here in Aomori. Since I've only been using FSX since April, I've not seen this before -- it's pretty impressive!

Sapporo, on the other hand, is not anything to write home about. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a nice enough place to live and work. But in FSX, it looks awfully generic and is full of auto-gen blocky buildings.
Fall colors in Japan

Blocky Sapporo
End: RJCO, 1428; $4634.11 and 22gal

It's hard to believe, but my next "desired" stop is in the middle of Alaska! Only 2500 miles or so -- if you thought these narratives were getting shorter, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!


Total Distance Flown:  36,275 nautical miles
Total v$ Deposited: $170,000

No comments:

Post a Comment