Wednesday, August 28, 2013

#53 Melbourne

Start:  YWKI, 0931; $9931.27 and 35gal

A shorter day than usual today. I've got 3 VicAir Passengers, going to Benalla (a good long 326 miles), and then I'll finish up with a quick tour of Melbourne.

Turns out it's a good thing I'm flying less today -- although the skies are clear, the winds are a beast! 38kt headwind, with shifting directions. I've got to see if I can find some VORs and let the navigation system do the steering!

In some ways, I feel like I'm back in Europe -- there sure is a LOT of farmland in South Australia!

End: YBLA, 1252; $12501.67 and 11gal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've now disembarked by 3 VicAir passengers, and have picked up 3 different VicAir passengers. We're off to Melbourne!

As I approach, I notice that Melbourne appears to be a large, sprawling city surrounded by extensive suburbs. The closer I get, the lower my frame rate goes! There's a lot to draw.
Downtown Melbourne
End: YMMB, 1401; $14480.77 and 4gal


Total Distance Flown:  23,352 nautical miles
Total v$ Deposited: $110,000

No comments:

Post a Comment