Wednesday, July 24, 2013

#23 The Amalfi Coast #24 Naples #25 Rome #26 Vatican City

Start: LICP, 1003; $1533.97 and 19gal

Today started out with financial transactions; I deposited another v$10,000 to the bank, and then paid for my second 100-hour inspection. Everything looks good, so today I will tour Naples and Rome. Amazingly, neither are listed as "high detail" cities, so we'll just see what FSX provides....

My first flight leaves Sicily and takes 120kg of priority mail to Solerno. I don't expect any spectacular sights, since this is mostly just crossing the water to get to mainland Italy. But as I approach land, it will be the famed Amalfi coast that I see. I'll make a sweeping right turn approach to the airport, and see just how scenic it is.
The Amalfi Coast -- better looking in real life

End: LIRI, 1207; $2066.40 and 30gal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've now got a single passenger, and we're heading for Guidonia Military Base. On the way, though, we'll pass Pompeii, Naples, Rome and the Vatican! Although I did find Mt. Vesuvius, there's no real indication of Pompeii itself. And Naples is thoroughly generic (and surprisingly low-rise).

Rome, however, should be added to the list of "customized" FSX cities. I'm not sure that it's truly "highly detailed", but there are several custom buildings, enough to make the list.
The Colosseum
Vatican City


End: LIRG, 1356; $2503.80 and 19gal

Total Distance Flown: 7,977 nautical miles

No comments:

Post a Comment