Friday, July 5, 2013

Early Planning

Today I'm starting my world tour. I'm still working out the details of what to record, how to format it, and just exactly how I'll decide where to go next. I've got a few ideas of places I'd like to see, but there are large regions of the planet that I know little to nothing about. I'm going to try my best to make this tour pay for itself by flying as many FSE jobs as I can, while trying to avoid detours just to chase the almighty dollar. So I suspect that I'll be planning this trip one day at a time, since I'll never be sure just where I'll end up each day. Occasionally, I'll take a day off for virtual sightseeing (or because real-life catches up with me!).

My plane is the FSX Cessna 172SP Skyhawk. It was originally christened "Chicken Hawk", and flown from Idaho to northern Scotland. In preparation for this circumnavigation, I have renamed her "Globe Trotter" and re-registered her as GLOBE (to be legal, the UK registration would be G-LOBE, but that makes it sound like the vaguely risque "G Lobe" instead of "Globe"!). Here's a picture of her new paint job:

As the trip progresses, I'll add flags of each nation I visit, and update the route map on the side of the plane. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment