Saturday, July 6, 2013

#2 Wales

Start: EGCC, 1415; $567 and 49gal

Now it's off to Haverfordwest with 2 Shakespearean actors. This leg primarily serves as a fly-over tour of Wales. Beautiful country, rendered very well by FSX, UTX and GEX. The rough winds kept up, and my two actors were unusually quiet and just a little green!

Welch countryside
I'm cheating a little bit. Before starting this tour, I flew around Wales a bit (following the route of my actual visit in back in the '90s). Specifically, I flew over both Conwy and Caernarvon castles. Unfortunately, while impressive in real life, they are non-existent in FSX! So, for this tour, I just flew and admired the natural scenery.

End: EGFE, 1544; $1857.60 and 39gal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've exchanged my actors for two Private Passengers headed for St. Athan Air Base. That's right on my way, plus I'll have a nice view of the Welsh coastline. The passengers were very private indeed, not saying more than a few words. A bit mysterious and more than a little melodramatic, if you ask me!

End: EGDX, 1631; $2255.40 and 35gal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No one from the air base is going my way, so I'm flying empty on this next leg. Roughly 60 miles, still heading east. Passing straight over Bristol, but no other noteworthy sights on this leg.

End: EGVA, 1715; $2255.40 and 30gal

No comments:

Post a Comment